Wednesday 13 May 2009

Getting back to real life

So we are back from Hawaii. We had so much fun. I can't wait to go back. Yes....I'm already planning. We have been back for 2 days and it has been so crazy!!. Getting back to real life has been an eye opener. We came back on Brady's Birthday and we made it in time for his program at school (we thought we might miss it). He was so excited when he saw us walk in. He did such a good job. He is such a smiler.

When we got home Libby was asleep and when she woke up I noticed she wasnt herself. I decided to take her into the DRs to get her ears checked. She did have an ear infection and they did a chest x-ray because she sounded weezy. The x-ray showed air bubbles in her stomach and her intestines were enlarged. Her stomach was very extended and was as hard as a rock. Next thing I knew we were admitted to the hospital. They thought she had a kinked bowel and she was really dehydrated. They gave her an IV, had to poke her twice. It was so sad. She hated that IV. Once she got hydrated things started to move around in her belly. I could just feel her belly roll. Final diagnosis...... viral infection. Who knew!! I think the nurses were glad when we went home because she CRIED ALOT! Now that we are home, she is doing better. She is still not herself though.

Thanks Amanda for taking Brady and Grayce while we were at the hospital.

Hawaii pictures will get posted soon. I still need to put them on my computer.

1 comments:

Three Guys and a Gal said...

Well thats one way to JUMP right back into REAL life! Poor girl I hope she is feeling better! I am glad you made in time for the program!:)